I’m so excited by this! thepunktheory was kind enough to nominate me for a Liebster Award, and I am so honored and full of appreciation. Thank you!!! I’ll be celebrating my blog’s one year anniversary this April, and having the opportunity to be recognized for it is just awesome!! I think this is such a great way to get to know your fellow bloggers, and so I’m happy to be a part of this and keep the tradition going. Woohoo!!
Rules, Rules, Rules:
♦ Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
♦ Answer the questions given by the nominator.
♦ Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers, and link them.
♦ Notify all the bloggers you nominate.
♦ Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.
Now presenting the questions I was asked and my answers:
1. Why did you start blogging? I’ve tried many times to start a blog and write about stuff that interested me, but somehow none of it stuck. When I moved to New York I took a Marketing course and the subject of blogging came up a lot. Iv’e always enjoyed writing and movies, so I decided to give it one more shot and write about them. Maybe it was the New York vibe that kept me going ’till today.
2. What’s the story behind the name you chose? Many many names have crossed my mind, and I kind of drove myself crazy coming up with the right name. I decided on Sweet Archive finally because I have a little film archive at home and I just love the word sweet… and my archive is also kind of sweet, actually…
3. Of all the post you wrote until now which one is your favorite? My Human Nature post is, I think, my favorite one so far. It was my first film post on this blog, and I wrote it without thinking too hard on what to write. I just went with it. I love this film. This film is weird and so I felt like writing something weird as well… makes sense?
4. Tell me about your favorite song. Oohh, there are a lot of those… My current favorite song is “When I grow up” by Fever Ray. The singer, Karin Dreijer Andersson (The Knife),has fantastic vocal abilities which make such an unusual sound, and the video of that weird girl standing over the pool and working her pagan magic… I just love it!
5. What’s your favorite book and why? Stephen King’s Desperation. As you probably figured out by now I’m into strange stuff, and this book got stuck in my mind. The plot is bizarre, the location is creepy, not to mention King’s vivid descriptions. I was so drawn.
6. What’s the worst movie you ever saw? It’s a tough call between Exodus and Boyhood.
7. What was the best and the worst thing that happened to you in 2014? Best was coming to New York, worst was leaving New York.
8. Tell me about something you’d really love to do (but never dared to get it started). Act. I always wanted to act, but was too busy looking away at so many other directions.
9. Tell me about your favorite person (not some star, but someone close to you). My nephew, Eyali. He’s 3 years old and he’s just the cutest thing ever. I’ve grown so attached to him when I lived in New York and had to leave him eventually, which broke my heart. I can’t wait for him to come visit me.
10. What subject could you talk about 24/7? I guess movies would be it.
11. What’s your best and worst trait? Best- I’m pretty good at mimicking people. My best one yet is my cousin. I’m pretty surprised she hasn’t slapped me yet. worst- I’m the worst decision maker on the planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It’s my pleasure to nominate… Drum role, please…
11. Consumed by Film
My questions for you are:
1. What is the funniest thing that happened to you? (ever!)
2. How did you come up with your blog’s name?
3. Who is your favorite actor and actress?
4. Who is your favorite singer/ band?
5. If you got stuck on a deserted island, what 2 things would you rather have with you?
6. Of all the posts you wrote until now, which one is your least favorite and why?
7. What was your favorite TV show as a child?
8. What is your favorite word?
9. If you had the chance to have dinner with 3 famous people, who would you choose?
10. What do you like most about your country?
11. What inspires you?
Hope ya’ll like my questions. Have fun, People! 🙂